Featured Post

OTR Podcast Archive

Archive of my Published Podcasts I'm keeping this archive of shows I've uploaded and posted, to make it easier for you to fi...

Sunday, June 19, 2016

Jack Benny Program 47-05-25 Allen's Alley


Rochester opens the show instead of Don Wilson for the last show of the season. When members of the cast say they like Fred Allen's program, Jack decides to do a parody of Fred by taking a trip down to "Benny's Boulevard," to ask the question "Who is the better comedian, Fred Allen or Jack Benny?", where he encounters the real Fred. Jack introduces Jack Parr as his summer replacement.






Running time - 29:30 min



3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was great. I'm suprised that Mel Blanc didn't get to do the Senator Claghorn bit, considering that's where Fog Horn Leghorn came from.That Phil Harris sure did Blac a run for his money on that one.
    This is the first time on this blog, for me. I've been following you on facebook and enjoyed the post's. I'm currently working on a labor of love. I'm in the early stages of creating a montage painting of the radio greats. I think in this day and age, we need to be reminded of what real entertainment is. Keep up the good work, love this stuff.

    ReplyDelete